Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rebirth

Used to get my hair fried, died, and laid to the side
Just to take away from my African pride
To forget my identity; forget who I be
Stopped ceeing reality and seen what I wanted to see
Out of the darkness came beauty and blue
And that’s when I began to act all brand new
Ripped my brain out just to put a new one in
Went way past seven and became a perfect ten
Started to learn my Asiatic Mathematics
Just to begin a new tactic
I crossed waters to the motherland
So that I can understand who I am
Then I noticed I was really the same
Just had a new face and a new name
Man fears what he does not know to be true
And what he can not conquer with his crew
A wise man said to fear nothing but G-O-D
Take jealousy out your heart and never envy
Never let cash rule who you plan to become
And walk in the ways of the Almighty Sun
Now everybody act like they forgot about God


© Copyright 2007 Shawnte Barr (UN: Blysswrytes at Blogger.Com). All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment