Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Piano's Love

I wish I had a piano
I’d play it every day
I wish I had taken lessons at an early age

I’d become one with the melody and get lost in a trance
I’d tickle the ivories; you know make my fingers dance
I’d play a song that only the piano could play
It would speak to you what my mouth couldn’t say

I wish I had a piano I’d play a song for my mother
And thank her for giving birth to me and my brothers
I’d say congratulations for obtaining your goal
You let God lead the way and let Him take control

I would tell my grandparents thanks for putting up with a child like me
I know that task must not have been easy
The lyrics would smoothly flow
And I’d bring your head to high from low

The melody would soothe the inside of your soul and make you loose control
Everyone would have a young heart even the old
I’d say to my father, “I learned a lot from you”
Even through prison walls your words penetrated through
I’d tell my step-father “Thank you for paying attention”
You know just in case I forget to mention

I’d tell my family that I love them and wish they felt the same
Do ya’ll remember that no-touch-gravel game?
Remember we was fly, rolling our necks and swinging our braids
Now we’re all players in a masquerade

It’s funny what a piano can do
It can make you fall in love and get you in the mood
There is no mistaken what a piano can say
But all I really want to do is play
© Copyright 2007 Shawnte Barr (UN: Blysswrytes at Blogger.Com). All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment