Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Own Demise in Plainview

He was a young man about the age of 18
I asked him what he wanted out of life and he replied
“I have no special or particular dream”
I asked if he knew the hunt was on, and that he was the prey
But he wasn’t at all concerned with what I had to say
That’s what scared me the most
All people wanting out of life is to brag and boast
What ever happened to love, or even a friendly hello?
People are in such a rush to get to where they gotta go
Not stopping to take a look around
You can hear it in the music, it has such a different sound
So much inspiration, but inspired I am not
Tired of writing poems about the effects of selling crack rock
“There’s something in the way of things!” Baraka replied
This should not be a shocker, nor should it be denied
I never saw the young man again but I heard his name on the news
So sad to see a life gone just cause he was lost and confused
What will it take for the people to awake and get ahead?
To stop thinking of oneself and to get out of the bed
No more sleeping, so stretch and say hello
To a new day and out into the world you go
© Copyright 2007 Shawnte Barr (UN: Blysswrytes at Bloggerf.Com). All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment