Sunday, July 17, 2011

Love Reign

Walls so high I can't even see
Built of steal so tearing them down won't be easy
I wonder how does love sound? Or, how does it feel?
Sometimes I question if love is really real
A long time ago from me it was took
Now I only know love through a book
I tried many times to tear the walls down
Seeking and yearning just to be found
Only to be misunderstood
Time has taught me tearing them down does no good

I met love one day, looked right in his eyes
I felt like he heard all of my cries
He was like the white dove flying over my head
With him there would be no more tears to shed
But fear set in and I backed away
I'd have to see love another day
Guess it was just heartache I opposed
This must be why my heart has been closed

So many times I fell asleep with love on my mind
But I didn't trust love cause it was leading me blind
A wall built of bricks surely went up
Not slowly either I'm talking abrupt
Everything and everyone seemed to disappear
Had me singing “Hey Lover” I ain't felt this way in years
A love unknown to me and a feeling so true
Turned my gray skies sunshine blue
January 13th the day I fell in love
I had a lesson to learn about the power of love

Walls built with sticks ready to be torn down
A fallen queen with no crown
Making way for a heart that’s been torn
I was once a woman burned and scorned
Walls put up by hurt and pain
Walls torn down by loves reign
© Copyright 2008 Shawnte Barr (UN Blysswrytes). All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment