Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fallen Angel

I shined so brightly the world could see the sun upon my face
But now I have fallen from grace

Like an angel with clipped wings
I’ve been blinded by things

Strutting blindly not seeing what’s in front of me
I’ve been screaming silently just trying to break free
Waiting patiently for the Sun to shine on me

No Sun on my face I have fallen from grace
Staring out into space
Gotta get out of this place

I need some peace of mind maybe a shoulder to pour my soul
But all who’s around have got hearts of stone cold

Quantum changes in my life
I ain’t been living right in God’s sight

So from now on I’m a butterfly with uncolored wings
A humming bird who fails to sing

A rainbow with no arch
Like no trees in a park

A fallen angel out of the sky
But I am not yet ready to die
Guess that’s why I smile when I cry

Cause I’m in love with the joy that comes after the pain
Like a flower it’s my sunshine and rain

I am an angel fallen from grace
With no sun upon my face
Waiting patiently to take my place
© Copyright 2007 Shawnte Barr (UN: Blysswrytes at Blogger). All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I've read this....twice to be exact. But every chance I had to comment, my browser would freeze. But as a fellow poet, this is a powerful piece. It speaks of redemption, over anything

    ReplyDelete